Friday, November 4, 2011

Punkin' Pancakes

One of my absolute favorite things about fall is pumpkin.  At the beginning and the end of the season, I stock up on canned pumpkin and find a way to put it in everything I eat.  This morning I made pumpkin protein pancakes and they were delish.  I generally eye out ingredients and hardly ever measure, but I'll do my best to get it right for you. Add or subtract as you see fit depending on the consistency of the batter.

Ingredients:

1/2 can of pumpkin
2 cups of whole wheat pancake mix
2 cups of almond milk (more or less)
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
1 flax egg (equal parts ground flax seed and water)or egg white
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
2 Tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice

 Mix all together.  Batter should be pretty thick, not at all runny.


Cook in griddle or on stovetop. 

Top with whatever you like.  I'm partial to syrup or almond butter.  Voila! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment